My photo
, Wyoming
Thanks for visiting Sauce du Jour. Feel free to share a great recipe, leave a comment, or make me dinner. I'll bring hors d' oeuvres and the wine! To visit my website go to www.tamaralittrell.com Thanks for visiting the Sauce ~Tammi

Sep 22, 2013

Bobby Flay's Twice Baked Potatoes

This recipe was really called Horseradish Twice Baked Potatoes, but I figured if I put that in the title some people would quit reading right there because horseradish is one of those love/hate ingredients.
     Personally, I'm not a lover of the horseradish and I can only take it in small doses. Like, I don't really want to taste it, I just want to wonder if that's horseradish that I'm tasting. So just a hint of it is a good thing. Ya with me? 
I know what you're thinking...her potatoes don't look anything like Bobby's. It's true and I'm a bit embarrassed to even show these pictures because my potatoes look NOTHING like my Bobby's beautiful puffed up, golden brown, nicely crisped spuds. I hate it when that happens!

     Mine look more like burnt, runny, weird tubers. ↑  ↓  See for yourself. 
 
I'm throwing Bobby under the bus for this. You know I make no apologies nor have regrets for cooking with a lot of butter and cream but I think the recipe called for (I can't believe I'm saying this) too much butter. Butter burns and I think that's why mine got more black than brown.


The other thing is, I think the recipe called for (I can't believe I'm saying this either) too much cream. I didn't even use all of the cream it called for and mine were preeeeety runny. Bobby did mention that the "potatoes should not be dry," but dude, should they be swimming in cream?


Anyhow, they were very good despite of how they looked.  Just a nice hint of horseradish, not overpowering and the skins were beautifully crisped. And see those pretty chives? I picked them from my herb garden  ~ the only herb (besides mint) that waited for me to come home, so I was happy to find a use for what remains of them.

Anyhow, the recipe is super easy and and it was tasty.  Just don't add all that butter and cream (There, I said it!) and adjust the horseradish to taste. You can find it under the "Soups-Salads-Sides" tab. I may have to ask for a do-over on this one....Thanks Bobby, love ya, call me, mean it!

Because I have an unusual fetish for Pig Candy, up next is my Bobby's Mango Glazed Bacon....mmmmm......stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment