My photo
, Wyoming
Thanks for visiting Sauce du Jour. Feel free to share a great recipe, leave a comment, or make me dinner. I'll bring hors d' oeuvres and the wine! To visit my website go to www.tamaralittrell.com Thanks for visiting the Sauce ~Tammi

Jan 30, 2012

Bon Appetit ~ Round 2: I Ain't Chicken

I've been anxiously awaiting for the February issue of Bon Appetit to come out so I could see what I'm cookin' this month, and guess what? It's chicken! Phew, I was dreading a fussy dessert. How hard can chicken be?



Confession to make: I have actually never cut up a whole chicken because in my family we all go for the breast meat. Since that's pretty much the only meat that Hates Everything will eat, I can say that I have cooked a lot of chicken. 


Hates Everything, being forced to taste my Thai Coconut-Lime Soup with Chicken
Just because I haven't ever cut one up a whole chicken doesn't mean I can't do it, right? I mean, I can juggle...but I've never done it while riding a unicycle but that doesn't mean I can't do that either. Ya with me?
     At home I have a real "Chicken Pan." It's a beautifully seasoned, cast iron skillet that actually has "Chicken Pan" stamped on the bottom of it and was handed down to me from my dad. I'm really wishing I had it with me about now. I did consider trying to bring it to the boat  because I love cooking out of that pan, but besides the fact it weighs a ton I was afraid it wouldn't make it through airport security. TSA would probably have tried to confiscate it from me as a possible weapon and then I would have had to possibly use it as a weapon and then the vicious cycle would have begun, again. I'm not about to check something that is so valuable to me so I'll make this "Best Fried Chicken Ever" in one of my crappy boat pans unless I find an old cast iron pan in one of the antique shops around here.

I'm sure there must be some good chicken cutter-uppers out there so any tips would be greatly appreciated. If you want to make the recipe with me, send me your picture and your review and I'll post it with mine.

You chicken?  I ain't chicken! 

Results to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment