My photo
, Wyoming
Thanks for visiting Sauce du Jour. Feel free to share a great recipe, leave a comment, or make me dinner. I'll bring hors d' oeuvres and the wine! To visit my website go to www.tamaralittrell.com Thanks for visiting the Sauce ~Tammi

Jul 14, 2011

When The Dust Settled

I’ll admit it...this is a shameless and blatant attempt to sell a book. Not just any book, my book, a book that has taken me ten years to write. 

I'm the one on the right, the one with the bad haircut.
My sister is the cute, sad looking one with good hair.
     I first began writing this in 2001, shortly after my mom died. Sierra was in college and The Big Guy was traveling a lot, either hauling Savannah to rodeos or trucking, while I was left at home holding down the fort and running the business. It was during all those long, lonely nights sitting at home alone that I began this story.  
     I never intended to publish it; it was merely a therapeutic way for me to cope with my mother’s death and to examine what my future would look like without her in it. I soon learned that I had really lost both of my parents on that horrible day in June. My father could barely go on living without my mother in his life. I mean who was going to make the coffee and dump the ashtrays?  I ended up grieving for him as much as I did for her, which pretty much made me an unbearable, miserable mess to live with. Of course I didn’t realize that at the time. I thought that I was just having a really hard time coping with Mom’s death. Well, you'll just have to read the book to get the rest of the story.
That's me opening the first box.
It's an emotional moment...
I'm not sure if I am going to cry or throw-up
     Anyway, the book is out and for about the same price as a fairly decent bottle of wine, or a paltry $17.94 (that price includes shipping) you can own a copy of this book. Order it through the website at www.WhentheDustSettled.com, e-mail me at tamaralittrell @yahoo.com or contact me through the "Comment" section of this Blog, and I will send you a copy. (By the way, ALL copies are signed by yours truly.) Also, I am donating $1 from the sale of each book to the Kelly Schreibeis Memorial Foundation, which you know is a cause that is near and dear to my heart.   
     If you are downtown Sheridan you can pick one up at Sheridan Stationary or Barbwire Living, and then on Saturday, August 6th, Sheridan Stationary will be hosting a book signing for me. If you are in the area stop by and say hey.
     If you have already ordered one I want to say THANK YOU, I truly appreciate it...more than you can possibly ever know.  
    
Yep, that's the first copy!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Now sit back and enjoy the ride you will soon be taking. Hey I told you that you would publish it someday, so you betta believe me when I tell ya you're gonna be big time...like real "Mrs big time"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra, you always were so smart, I should have been taking notes! Thanx for always believing in me! I ♥ya!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work it, sister!
    Much love to you!

    -Auburn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auburn, Thanx to you for makin' it happen for me!
    ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine was dying for me to read your book....she said she thought of my sister and I the whole time she was reading it. She gave it to me on Saturday afternoon and I finished it yesterday! What a great book! It's definately a sister thing and a Mom/Dad thing! My parents are both living, but I have a feeling I'll be going through the exact same scenario when the time comes! Loved all of the food references, I'm the foodie sister too! I'll spend the rest of my morning reading your recipes!! Have a great day!! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx so much Shelly! Glad you enjoyed it. Love your site. It sounds like we need to share some recipes! Thanx for reading the Sauce!

    ReplyDelete