My photo
, Wyoming
Thanks for visiting Sauce du Jour. Feel free to share a great recipe, leave a comment, or make me dinner. I'll bring hors d' oeuvres and the wine! To visit my website go to www.tamaralittrell.com Thanks for visiting the Sauce ~Tammi

Apr 10, 2012

Bon Appetit ~ Round 4: The Ultimate Sticky Buns

The April issue is out and I can see that the BA Bully is getting serious about this throwdown thing! Not only had I never cut up a chicken, but I've never made cinnamon rolls (same thing as sticky buns, I think) that didn't involve whacking a can on the edge of the counter.



After my good luck with the pizza dough, my confidence has soared and I thought these buns would be a walk in the park. I was all excited to make them on the boat, even though past experience has proven that copious amounts of flour and open hatches and ocean motion do not a good combination make.
   
Then I read the recipe. A stand mixer? Yeah right, I keep it on my three inches of counter top right next to my microwave oven, panini press and deep fryer. Then I read further...and I'm quoting, "No stand mixer? Don't worry. Fit your food processor with the standard chopping or dough blade..."  BAHAHAHAHA!  My food processor with "dough blade" is on my other three inches of counter top, right next to the four-slice toaster, Nespresso machine, waffle maker and blender! (ok, so maybe I do have a Nespresso machine onboard, but you get my drift.) I have a "mini processor" on the boat, which I love like the kids and couldn't live without, but only if I cut the recipe by 1/25654236th could I possibly get all the list of ingredients in.
 
So you know what that means, don't ya? No sticky buns until May when I am home cuddling up to my stand mixer and food processor with dough blade. 

If anyone has made them, let me hear from you. I loved to know if they are the "ULTIMATE" or if BA is talking smack, because I'll call em on it, you know I will!

In the meantime here is recipe for French Muffins, taken from cooks.com. Click HERE to see the recipe. Mmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment