My photo
, Wyoming
Thanks for visiting Sauce du Jour. Feel free to share a great recipe, leave a comment, or make me dinner. I'll bring hors d' oeuvres and the wine! To visit my website go to www.tamaralittrell.com Thanks for visiting the Sauce ~Tammi

Sep 6, 2012

How To Win A Free Puppy

Want to win a free puppy?  Awww c'mon, you know you do. Keep reading...I'll tell you how.


A while back I told you I was hooked on Valbreso feta cheese. I first discovered it at Costco and apparently so did everyone else who buys in bulk, because shortly thereafter they quit carrying it. Now I have to buy it from Amazon and the shipping is a killer. The stuff is addictive and I'm pretty sure I'll have some serious withdrawal symptoms, like a hissy fit, if I go cold turkey, so I just main line it to get my fix everyday ~ one bite at a time.


You know how most feta cheeses are somewhat dry? Not this baby.  It's creamy, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture and it has just the right amount of saltiness.
     Usually I just stand in front of the refrigerator about three times a day with the door open, fork in my hand and eat it right out of the can. Some days when I'm feeling especially patient, like twenty-five minutes worth of  patience, I whip up this "Baked Feta" dish and it is da bomb!

It goes like this: 


►     Preheat your oven to 350 and get out your cute little ceramic baker or All Clad mini gratin pan.
►     Cut the feta into chunks, about 1" x 2" or so and then drizzle some olive oil over it.
►     Throw in slices of garlic and then top it with some shaved red onion, capers, diced tomatoes, fresh oregano, and salt and pepper.
►     Drizzle a dab more olive oil over, cover it with foil and bake for about 20 minutes and serve with some baguette slices.



It comes out of the oven all warm and soft but is still firm enough that it holds its shape. Put a little slice on a piece of bread and just try not to smile. You can't. Your welcome.
     Oh yeah, don't forget to sop up the juices that are left in the bottom of the baker.
 
So, if anyone knows of a source for this goodness within about a 200 mile radius of Podunk let me know. I'll send you a free puppy.



You can also find the the recipe on the "Appetizer" page, so if you want to make it later it will be easier to find. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment